As we edge ever nearer “Brexit”, behind the scenes Tibbetts have been working hard in the planning to ensure a stable, and futureproof business across our divisional brands TGL, BFC, SFF and, recently acquired, PowellGee.
Throughout the Brexit planning, we have maintained, and will continue to maintain regular updates with our customers when requested.
Here are just some of the actions we have taken in securing the future of Tibbetts, and indeed, to continue to meet our customers’ needs.
- Weekly meetings to monitor Brexit updates and group business strategy
- Agreed aim to go to a “bonded” warehouse by mid-2020
- Ensure all processes and systems are in-place for Brexit deadline
- Ongoing discussions with all suppliers and logistics partners
- Increased stocks by 25%
- Management of potential delays or potential longer lead times
- Management of currency fluctuation
- Ongoing liaison with Government bodies
Ever since the UK voted to leave the European Union, Tibbetts Group have been working closely with Brexit consultants, evaluating potential risks and implementing new processes to mitigate them, whether we leave the EU with a deal, or not.