Carbon Steel Countersunk Timber to Heavy Section
For fixing timber to hot rolled purlins (4.0mm – 12.5mm steel).
Timber screws fasten timber to cold rolled purlins (1.5mm – 5.0mm steel).
- Carbon steel is the most popular material for fixings as it is strong, weather resistant and affordable.
- Countersunk heads lie flush with the profile, and require T-25 bits.
- The fine thread provides many points of engagement with the purlin, maximising pull-out values.
- The wings bore through the timber and keep the thread clean, before snapping off when they connect with the steelwork.
- The no. 5 drill point is designed to ensure a clean cut through up to 12.5mm steel, without burn-out.
For maximum fastener performance, we recommend using a tek screw driver which does not exceed 2500RPM.