Carbon Steel Countersunk Timber to Light Section
For fixing timber to cold rolled purlins (1.5mm – 5.0mm steel).
|Part Number||Length (MM)||Diameter (MM)||Drill Point||Min Timber Thickness (MM)||Max Timber Thickness (MM)|
Timber screws fasten timber to cold rolled purlins (1.5mm – 5.0mm steel).
- Carbon steel is the most popular material for fixings as it is strong, weather resistant and affordable.
- Countersunk heads lie flush with the profile, and require T-25 bits.
- The coarse thread provides excellent engagement with the purlin, maximising pull-out values.
- The wings bore through the timber and keep the thread clean, before snapping off when they connect with the steelwork.
- The no. 3 drill point is designed to maximise accuracy whilst ensuring a clean cut through up to 5.0mm steel, without burn-out.
For maximum fastener performance, we recommend using a tek screw driver which does not exceed 2500RPM.