Carbon Steel Hex Head Composite Panel to Heavy Section
For fixing insulation panels to hot rolled purlins (4.0mm – 12.5mm steel).
|Part Number||Length (MM)||Diameter (MM)||Drill Point||Min Panel Thickness (MM)||Max Panel Thickness (MM)|
Heavy section screws fasten sandwich panels to hot rolled purlins (4.0mm – 12.5mm steel).
- Carbon steel is the most popular material for fixings as it is strong, weather resistant and affordable.
- Hex heads are standard across the industry, and require a 5/16″ socket, which we also supply.
- The fine thread provides many points of engagement with the purlin, maximising pull-out values.
- The high thread has a wider diameter than the lower thread, so that the outer sheet is well-engaged.
- The no. 5 drill point is designed to ensure a clean cut through up to 12.5mm steel, without burn-out.
For maximum fastener performance, we recommend using a tek screw driver which does not exceed 2500RPM.